Some basic safety precautions have to be taken while using Wooden Floor. For example, while moving heavy furniture, it is imperative that it be moved without sliding to prevent scratches
Maintaining the coat with sand and refinish is one of the most important processes to keep your floors performing and appearing well for quite some time.
Full Restoration Process
Applying a floor finish to a wood floor is essential to protect it from wear and tear. Once the floor is protected sufficiently, periodic sand and re-sealing will repair the surface where scratches and light damage inevitably occur, with the actual time between sand and re-seal depending on the cleaning regime and the type of traffic the floor is exposed to.
When the protection has worn off or is very thin in certain areas, a full sand and seal is needed to restore the floor to its original state.
The sanding stages follow, starting from coarse grit to successively finer grits to level and smoothen the floor, finishing off with very fine grit papers for an ultra-smooth finish.
Multiple coats of protection are used to seal the floor.
We carry out wood floor restorations in domestic and commercial environments.
Wood floors can only be fully sanded a set number of times so to keep your floor looking good and well protected
What so special about the Woodies?
Wooden flooring, compared to other forms of its counterparts has a plethora of benefits, it is expensive, but the elegance outweighs the price.
- Wooden floors can last for a period of decades
- They are easier to clean
- They are proved to be more hygienic than carpets
- Provides a means to install under floor heating for homes
- Superior elegance
- Greater residential price value
Do’s and Don’tsabout Wooden Flooring
- Keep vinyl or strong chemical products away from wooden floors
- Do not use acrylic wax solutions as it turns wooden floors to become dull & quite slippery
- Use floor mats at the doors to prevent dust or debris from entering the room & scratching the floor
- Do not use wet or steam mops as it can damage the wood flooring
- If there is a spilling on the floor wipe it immediately with a damp cloth
- Do not use excess wax or it can make the floor dull
- Whilst moving heavy furniture, it is imperative that it be moved without sliding to prevent scratches
The woodland for your Wooden Flooring
Wooden Floorings come in different sizes, shapes and species. It can be classified into Unfinished & Factory finished wood flooring, wherein a finish is applied at the facility of the manufacturer, where the sanding and finishing takes place.
Solid and Engineered wood is composite wood flooring with layers of veneers installed on top of the other to increase stability, reliability and strength of the wood. There are various species used in wooden flooring such as Red Oak, White Oak, Maple, Birch, Walnut & more.
Hardwood floors add elegance & style to any structure. Maintenance of these kinds of floors need to be taken care of on a regular basis & thus there are many eco-friendly solutions in the market that can be used for wooden floor polishing like Arrow Solutions, that remove scuffs, grime & other deposits with anti-slip technology for greater security.